Cadillac Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: CDC) is a mineral exploration company with a management team dedicated to the development of its main projects and timely due diligence on other opportunities. The Company's focus is its Thierry Mine project in northwestern Ontario. This project has an NI 43-101 compliant measured and indicated mineral resource of 6.2 million tonnes grading 1.92% copper and also contains nickel, silver, gold, platinum and palladium resources. In addition the Company is a joint venture partner engaged in exploration in the Iberian Pyrite Belt of southern Spain, and has projects in New Brunswick and Quebec.
Thierry Mine Project
- Located 15km west of Pickle Lake in northwestern Ontario.
- Lease area of 4692 hectares.
- Thierry past-producing mine with three-compartment shaft to depth of 540m and 4.2m x 4.2m production decline to 488m.
- Production during period 1976-1982 made mine a major Canadian copper producer.
- Power supply available.
- Less than 100km by tarred road to railhead for shipping concentrates.
- All required permits in place.
Former owner Richview Resources Inc. released an NI 43-101 compliant resource on September 14, 2006 as follows:
- Focus on drilling in immediate area of mine in order to add to resource (drilling to date has confirmed assumptions concerning the continuation of the NI 43-101 deposit model at depth).
- Drilling along strike to the east and west intersected mineralization outside the NI 43-101 deposit model.
- Large, low-grade, shallow K1-1 deposit lies 3km to east of old Thierry Mine shaft (Company is drilling on the K1-1 deposit).
In June 2010 Cadillac Ventures announced an updated resource estimate by P&E Mining Consultants Inc. as follows (using an NSR cut-off of C$46/tonne):
- Burnt Hill Project is 51%-owned tungsten-tin project located near Fredericton, New Brunswick.
In August 2009 Company announced completion of initial resource estimate for Burnt Hill by P&E Mining Consultants Inc. as follows:
- New Alger Project is 100%-owned project encompassing previously-producing Thomson-Cadillac Mine located outside of Cadillac, Quebec.
- In October 2009 Company entered into joint venture agreement with Renforth Resources Inc. giving Renforth right to earn 51% interest in New Alger in consideration of funding exploration.
- 12-hole drill program on New Alger in Fall 2007 returned gold assays in all drill holes (holes drilled to test anomalies identified by previous geophysical survey and to test for potential mineralized shoots along known mineralization of former mine).
Peter Gleeson — Chairman of the Board
Norman Brewster, P.Geo. — President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company
James Burke, M.Sc. Minerals Project Appraisal, B.Sc. Geology — Director
Jesus Fernandez Lopez, MA in Finance and Investment — Director
Neil Novak, P.Geo. — Director
Bing Pan — Director
Maurice Stekel, CA — Director
Jeremy Weir, B.Sc. — Director
Corporate Profile on Stockhouse