Exploration and Development of Properties in Ontario and Newfoundland and Labrador
Metals Creek is a public Canadian exploration company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “MEK”.
• Sandy Stares, President and Chief Executive Officer of Metals Creek, is well recognized and respected in the mining industry. The Stares family was the recipient of the 2007 Prospectors and Developers Association Prospector of the Year award in recognition of the family’s contributions to the mining industry.
• Additional management of the Company has a combined 50 years of experience in mining exploration with a proven track record of mineral deposit discoveries.
• Covers an 8 kilometers strike length along the highly prospective Porcupine-Destor Fault with gold production in this area of more than 22 million ounces from a number of mines including Goldcorp’s Dome mine which has produced approximately 17 million ounces of gold. As well the Ogden property hosts the past producing Naybob mine with historical gold production of over 50,000 ounces of gold.
• The Ogden property is ideally located being proximal to existing infrastructure, and only 6 km south of the city of Timmins and provides an exceptional opportunity for Metals Creek to become a major player in the world class Timmins Gold Camp.
• Current development at the Historic Naybob mine is down to the 1325 foot level (403m).
• Based on the historical exploration a non NI 43-101 compliant resource of 1.0 million tonnes grading 4.12 grams of gold per tonne was estimated for the Ogden property. This non compliant resource is open down plunge and provides MEK with an excellent opportunity to build towards a National Instrument 43-101 compliant resource.
• The data compiled thus far on the Property has identified 4 zones of gold mineralization, the Thomas Ogden Zone, the Naybob South Zone, the Naybob North Zone and Porphyry Hill.
Naybob South Zone
• The Naybob South Zone also provides an excellent exploration target with historic results including down hole intercepts of 5.37m of 6.33 g/t Au and 1.83m of 11.85 g/t Au. The exploration target remains open at depth and to the east with a coincident IP (induced polarization) ground geophysical anomaly.
• Recent drill intercepts by MEK of 9.42 g/t gold over 6.61 meters, 10.08 g/t gold over 1.5 meters, and a down hole intercept of 10.73 g/t gold over 1.04 meter at Naybob south zone.
• Visible gold was noted in some drill holes.
Porphyry Hill Zone
• New Discovery of 64.4 g/t gold in a porphyry. Same rock type as West Timmins Minings “RUSK ZONE”.
• Recent drilling at Porphyry Hill includes 6.76 g/t gold over 1 meter and 5.44 g/t gold over 1 meter. The deepest hole is approximately 70 meters vertical.
• Alteration has also increased with depth exhibiting moderate to strong albitization and carbonatization with associated pyrite mineralization.
• The mineralized porphyry remains open in all directions and was intersected in all four holes.
Naybob North Zone
• Data has highlighted a highly prospective drill target down plunge of the Naybob North mine workings. This target is the continuation of gold mineralization mined within the upper levels of the Naybob Mine. Several holes drilled within or below the lower portion of the mine workings returned significant gold intercepts that have not been followed up on. Results include down hole intercepts of:
4.88m of 9.53 g/t Au
4.12m of 12.13 g/t Au
1.37m of 24.00 g/t Au
1.07m of 6.61 g/t Au
• These drill intercepts are open down plunge and provide an excellent opportunity for the Corporation to build upon these promising results.
• Additional gold mineralization remains within the upper levels that have not been mined. Down hole drill intercepts include:
1.52m @ 13.71 g/t Au
1.98m @ 10.22 g/t Au
0.61m @ 58 g/t Au
3.34m @ 8.01 g/t Au
Thomas Ogden Zone
• Historic results from the Thomas Ogden Zone includes 1.51 g/t Au over 21.4 m and 1.01 g/t Au over 37.2 m in porphyry.
• These historic results from the Thomas Ogden Zone also include a down hole intercept of 2.4m of 5.7 g/t Au.
• Two drill holes by MEK targeting the down plunge extension of the Thomas Ogden mineralization include a down hole intercept of 8.55 g/t gold over 2.0 meters, and a down hole intercept of 6.7 g/t gold over 1.0 meter.
• These two holes represent the deepest intercepts to date within the Thomas Ogden area and are drilled approximately 200 meters apart.
• One Hole intersected pyrite-arsenopyrite mineralization along the ultramafic-sediment contact with pervasive albite, sericite and carbonate alteration. Visible gold was noted in this intercept.
• Past work has identified three gold showings with values up to 65 g/t Au.
• The Main Showing at Wood Lake consists of disseminated arsenopyrite and pyrite within a wide, altered (silica, albite, sericite) felsic porphyry.
• Good potential for High tonnage, lower grade deposit.
• Two holes drilled by Candente in 2005 within South Wood (Main) Zone had 1.47 g/t Au over 22.5m and 0.23 g/t Au over 52.9m.
• 13 hole drill program to completed December 2009 by MEK.
• Zone outlined thru drilling for 550m, open both end and at depth.
• All 13 holes hit the mineralized porphyry. Highlights include 1.37g/t over 26.31m, 2.137 g/t over 16.11m and 6.18 g/t over 5.11m.
• The zone remains open on both ends and at depth with the furthest eastern hole returning 2.146 g/t gold over 12.6 meters.
• The furthest western hole returning 0.435 g/t gold over 37.84m, including 2.779g/t gold over 4.34m.
• Discovery of high grade float assaying 219 g/t gold.
• Detailed grid work has defined the Wood Lake zone as a magnetic low with moderate to strong gold and arsenic soil anomalies coincident to the magnetic low.
• 12 km on strike from Cameron Lake Deposit.
• Recently announced purchase of 700 tpd mill for Cameron Lake.
• Multiple surface showings with grabs up to 95 g/t.
• Completion of recent prospecting program within the Stephens Lake stock resulting in 27 percent of the samples assaying over 1 g/t Au.
• Discovery of 3 new gold showings within the Stevens Lake Stock with assays up to 18 g/t Au.
• Prospective IP chargeability anomalies with associated gold mineralization up to 23 g/t within a sericite schist.
• One of the new showings has seven samples taken across approximately 12 meters assaying from 2 to 18.5 g/t.
• Assays of up to 720 g/t gold at Flint Lake. The main Flint Lake Occurrence has been traced for over 100 meters of strike length and is open in both directions.
• Assays up to 46.06 g/t gold at Wicks Lake. The main Wicks Lake Occurrence was traced for over 550 meters of strike length by Metals Creek staff.
Pictures of Thomas Ogden cores
Corporate Profile on Stockhouse
Alexander (Sandy) Stares
President & CEO
Mr. Alexander (Sandy) Stares has in excess of 15 years experience in mineral exploration, spanning a variety of Canadian geological terranes, from Newfoundland to Northern Manitoba. He has also completed several tours prospecting in Indonesia and Mexico. Prior to forming his own Contracting Company — Stares Prospecting Ltd. — in 2007, Sandy worked with Rubicon Minerals Corporation, Freewest Resources of Canada, New Millenium, Lac Des Iles Mines, and Noranda. Mr. Stares was instrumental in the discovery of the H-Pond Gold Prospect and the Lost Pond Uranium Prospect. He also discovered numerous major mineral occurrences in Canada and abroad which have been the subject of extensive exploration programs. Mr. Stares was one of the recipients of the PDAC “Bill Dennis Prospector of the Year” Award in March 2007, which was awarded to members of the Stares/Keats family. Prior to his exploration career, Mr. Stares served in the Canadian Air Force for 15 years and was the recipient of the Deputy Commander in Chief of NORAD “Certificate of Achievement” Award for exceptional performance.